Tag Archives: Energy’s
Everyone knows that solar energy is a safe and clean power source. The question is that can solar energy be used at home? Although you already have to pay for electricity, it is always better to become an owner, not a renter. You can invest in your own system of renewable energy. Below are some solar energy benefits.
1. Solar energy is renewable. It is unnecessary for us to concern about using all the sunlight up or running our of it. The sun, a consistentt power source, is always available.
2. Solar energy is environmentally friendly. Compared to fossil fuels which release greenhouses gases, carcinogens and carbon dioxide, solar cells don’t release anything into the air.
3. Solar panels are extremely reliable.
There are no moving parts so you don’t have to worry about replacing anything. In fact, most people generate electricity for 1000s of hours with little or no maintenance.
4. Solar cells make no noise while collecting energy. There are no other renewable energy sources that are completely silent.
5. In the long run, solar electricity is cheaper than buying it from the power company. There is a start up cost, but then it starts paying for itself. Once you break even, everything after that is profit. Compare this to paying a monthly bill and getting no return on investment.
6. There is a huge variety of solar panel systems available. Some can cost tens of thousands of dollars, and some cost just a couple hundred.
This means anyone can get into solar, there’s an entry point for just about everybody.
7. You’re not required to connect to the power grid. You can be completely self-sufficient and live off-the-grid. Imagine never paying another monthly bill or hook-up charge.
8. Sell excess electricity. If you build a large enough solar panel system, you can make your electric meter spin backwards! Most power companies will gladly buy or credit you for this excess electricity. Contact your local power companies for more details.
9. Government tax credits. Most governments will provide some kind of tax credit or incentive for people purchasing solar energy systems. On average, rebates usually cover 20-30% of the system cost. Contact your local representatives for more details.
10. Solar technology is constantly improving. Solar installations are increasing by an incredible 50% every year, most of which are small homemade systems. Learn how to make your own solar panels and use the benefits of solar energy to your advantage.
Click here to see my reviews of solar power guides. See which are the best value and which ones are a waste of money.
Related Solar Energy Articles
WSJ ‘Ahead of the Tape’ columnist Spencer Jakab makes a stop on Mean Street to point out that solar energy companies, coming off a down year in 2011, are facing challenges in 2012 because of cuts in subsidies.
Video Rating: 3 / 5
The next major innovation in wind power might not involve big, white turbines dotting the countryside. KQED QUEST reports on research being done on “tethered airfoils” that could capture wind energy more efficiently that earthbound turbines. This report is part of the NewsHour’s Connect series of quality public media reporting.
Video Rating: 4 / 5